Pages

Friday 22 November 2013

Dublin

A huge thank you to a truly wonderful charity called, Alice's Escapes, for arranging a short break away to Dublin for my family and I last weekend. Alice's Escapes have given my family and I special time to be together, before my Mum and I head to Bristol tomorrow (Saturday 23rd November 2013) so that I can receive treatment for Annie (my brain tumour). We had a wonderful time being pampered at the hotel spa, enjoying being in Dublin, meeting up with family friends and being together as a family forgetting about hospital appointments. The hotel that we stayed in was lovely, many famous people have also stayed their too, such as Queen Victoria. We read that Queen Victoria had a sixteen course breakfast while staying at the hotel (I could never imagine eating a sixteen course breakfast, they must of been very small courses). There was also a restaurant which was named after Laurel and Hardy.

My Mum and I have been busy packing and getting ready most of today, ready to leave early tomorrow morning to take the ferry to Bristol. On our way to Bristol we will be making a stop to visit friends of ours, it will be lovely to see them again as we haven't seen them in a while. On Sunday we shall be setting off again and making our way down to Bristol. On Monday I have an appointment with my oncologist again and then on Tuesday will be my first day of IMRT radiotherapy which will last six weeks. After my first session of IMRT radiotherapy, my Mum and I will drive to Farnborough to visit The Brain Tumour Charity. They are the charity that I support very much and any money I raise for brain tumour research goes to them; you can read more about my fundraising and awareness raising of brain tumours with The Brain Tumour Charity by viewing the links down the right hand side of my blog.

I will keep you posted throughout my time in Bristol through my blog, as well as  my Facebook and Twitter pages.

Packed and ready to head to Bristol.




Danielle X

2 comments: