Pages

Sunday 15 September 2013

Back To School

I started back to school I think three weeks ago. I'm not sure exactly, but if it has been three weeks it has flown by. I'm doing my first year of A-Levels this year. The subjects that I've chosen are, Biology, Sociology and Business Studies. I've never done Sociology before, I'm really enjoying it and find it very interesting. I've been going into school for my subject classes and for some study periods only. This means I can rest more and make it in for a whole week of school. So far I've only missed one day, which is amazing! On that occasion I didn't feel well when I woke up, but got dressed and ready for school. My Dad and I were less than a minute drive away from home, when I felt very sick, pressure headachy and normal head and eye pain. Luckily I made it home in time as I was sick twice, which is so unpleasant, especially with a sore head and eyes.

You may know that September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. To support brave children who have fought or are still fighting childhood cancer, my family and I went to Belfast City hall on 07/09/2013 to watch it turn GOLD.

At Belfast City Hall, supporting
Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.

My sister, Rebecca and I were asked by Northern Ireland Cancer Fund for Children (NICFC) to be part of their new campaign, which we both agreed to do. It was then arranged for us both to have a photo shoot together, which we had so much fun doing, and felt like real models. This campaign is over two years, the pictures that were taken of my sister and I maybe on billboards, bus stops, buses, NICFC information booklets and more. It's all very exciting, and I hope the charity raise even more awareness and funds.

Sneak preview from the photo shoot for
NICFC's new campaign with the
photographer and his dog.

To my surprise, I received a letter from my school on 06/09/2013, to say that I was nominated by my school teachers to receive two prizes at my school's forth coming Senior Prize Giving. I was extremely surprised and so grateful for the nominations. The prizes that I won are called, 'Commendation for Consistent Hard Work over the two years leading to GCSE', and 'Sara & Lucy Ross Award for Outstanding Endeavour'. The 'Sara & Lucy Ross Award for Outstanding Endeavour' is a joint prize, I was wondering when I received the letter who I was sharing this prize with. Then one of my best friends Lauren text me later that day to say that she had also won this prize.

Lauren and I with our certificates and broach for
'Sara & Lucy Ross Award for Outstanding Endeavour'.

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is so inspiring. I can't believe how brave you have been throughout your journey. Well done on receiving your school awards and good luck with your a levels! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I've been so slow to pick this up Danielle. Utterly fantastic that you are doing so well at school. The only thing that my son, DD, regretted was not being able to do his A-Levels. He loved school. It makes me SO happy that you're doing yours. Loads of luck & love Sacha. PS Of course I will retweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sacha, thank you for your lovely comment. Thank you also for retweeting. D :)

      Delete