Pages

Wednesday 2 October 2013

September (wasn't sure what to call this post)

Tomorrow I'm meeting with my neurosurgeon from Belfast (my original neurosurgeon has left so I am now under the care of another neurosurgeon) to discuss the different treatment options suggested by the medics in Bristol. Belfast will also be having another MDM (Multi Disciplianry Meeting) to discuss treatment options. All I want to do is to get better, go to school, go out with my friends and family with out suffering from extreme head and eye pain. Over the last week and a bit I've not been able to attend school at all due to my  symptoms, which is very frustrating especially as I'm trying to do my first year of A-Levels this year. 

My younger sister, Rebecca (15 years old) was very unwell a few weeks ago. She woke up with dizziness, sickness and vision problems. My Mum took her into hospital where she was diagnosed with extreme vertigo. Rebecca was admitted into hospital where she stayed in the same ward and the same hospital room that I stay on when I've been in hospital in Belfast. Luckily Rebecca was discharged the same day and is feeling much better. 


My family and I went to see the Belfast Giants ice hockey game on Saturday 21st September 2013. It was the third time I've seen them play and I had a brilliant time (although I'm still not sure of the rules, so when the crowd cheered I cheered too and so on). 


Me at the Belfast Giants ice hockey game.

My local horse riding stables, Tullynewbank Stables kindly held a family walk called, The Danielle McGriskin Fund Family Walk, on Sunday 22nd September 2013. It was a lovely afternoon with hot dogs and refreshments. It was great to see many people from my local community come and support much needed brain tumour research. A fantastic £549.40 was raised!


One of my best friends Orlagh and I at
The Danielle McGriskin Fund Family Walk.

I received a lovely message from one of my supporters, through my charity Facebook page a few weeks ago, asking if she could run in the Belfast Deep River Rock Half Marathon for my Fund, The Danielle McGriskin Fund. I was so pleased and grateful for Jenny wanting to run in the half marathon for my Fund on Sunday 22nd September 2013. Jenny raised over £300 and is the first person to run for #TeamDanielle. 

My Mum, Amanda; Jenny and I at the
Belfast Deep River Rock Half Marathon.

One of my best friends Orlagh, held a very successful bun sale at her school, Aquianas Grammar School. All her school friends supported her by baking delicious buns, cakes and tray bakes and helping her sell them to the staff and pupils of Aquinas Grammar School. Orlagh raised an amazing £430.45!

Orlagh (middle) with friends at the bun sale Orlagh held.

Danielle :)


No comments:

Post a Comment